Are you vacating your Clever rental home or apartment soon? If that’s the case, you’ll need to complete a thorough cleaning before leaving to get your deposit returned! This checklist will assist you in accomplishing the job rapidly and effectively. Follow these measures to leave your rental property immaculate and increase your chances of receiving your entire security deposit back.
- Start by getting rid of the clutter from your rental home or apartment. Gather what you don’t want or need and toss it. This makes cleaning easier than you can imagine.
- Remove any nails from the walls and patch holes. If you hung anything in your rental home with nails, from pictures to clocks to TV mounts, you’ll need to take everything down, remove the nails or screws, and fill the holes with lightweight spackle.
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures. Dusting ceiling fans and light fixtures are an often-overlooked chore. Dust every blade of each ceiling fan and every part of every light fixture in your rental home or apartment. Remove and wash any glass coverings from enclosed light fixtures, then dry completely before replacing.
- Wipe down walls and doors. It’s critical to wipe down all of the walls and doors in your rented apartment or house. Any fingerprints, smudges, or grime that has gathered over time will be removed with this method.
- Clean baseboards and trim. Baseboards and trim are frequently neglected when cleaning. With a moist cloth or duster, clean them down thoroughly.
- Wipe down every cupboard, cabinet, and drawer. Remove everything from your rental home’s or apartment’s cupboards, cabinets, and drawers. Wipe each one down on the inside and out. Wash any removable shelf in the sink if feasible.
- Clean windows and mirrors. Inside and out, clean the windows and mirrors. Clean the inside of all windows and mirrors using a glass cleaner. For the outside, you may require a stronger cleaner or possibly a high-pressure washer.
- Wash blinds and window coverings. Blinds and window coverings, too, will benefit from a thorough cleaning. Blinds should be dusted or vacuumed before being washed with soap and water. Window curtains can normally be washed in the machine.
- Deep clean the bathrooms. Don’t forget to deep clean all of your rental home’s showers, tubs, sinks, and toilets, even if it takes a little scrubbing. Ensure that you use a powerful cleanser and scrub all surfaces thoroughly.
- Scrub kitchen appliances inside and out. Before you leave, scrub every kitchen device thoroughly, from the oven to the microwave to the refrigerator. Ensure that the refrigerator is empty, that all shelves and drawers are removed, and that every inch is well cleaned. Utilize the proper cleaning materials for each appliance type, and don’t forget to wipe the exterior! If there are any difficult-to-clean areas, you may need to use a soft bristle brush.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all floors. Deep cleaning all of the floors in your rental house is one of the last things you should do. Sweep first, then mop or vacuum. Remember to clean beneath furniture and appliances, as well as other hard-to-reach areas!
- Take out the trash. Finally, clean out your rental property or apartment of all trash. Any trash in bins, cupboards, or drawers is included. Before leaving, place all waste in recycling and compost bins if feasible.
By following these procedures, you may thoroughly clean your rental home or apartment fast and efficiently. Moving can be stressful, but with a little planning and elbow grease, your Clever property manager will want to return as much of your deposit as possible.
If you’re in the market for a new Clever rental home, you can browse our listings online to find the perfect one!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.